Are you a seasoned IT enthusiast? Do you know all about various technologies in the fields of development, application integration, data centre, cloud, workplace, communications and/or collaboration?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be our new Solution Architect.
Your future habitat?
As a Solution Architect, you’ll be part of a young and dynamic team. Your superpowers? You can translate Xylos’ and our customers’ business needs into technological solutions. And you’re not on your own: our Business Units and partners are by your side to support you.
What tasks can you expect?
- You’ll deliver technological studies, feasibility studies and conceptual documents to answer questions like “How can we work more efficiently?”.
- You don’t just focus on technological content, but you also keep business requirements, risks, budgets and constraints in mind. To do this, you’ll use tried-and-tested requirements capturing techniques. You’ll translate this information into the most fitting technological solution as objectively as possible.
- You’ll develop a solution’s roadmap using the relevant governance model and defend it on several levels within Xylos (C-level, Senior Management, Team Leads, etc.).
- You’ll answer content-related and conceptual questions from the Program Manager and/or project leader(s) and ensure the solution’s technical quality through architectural principles, standards and methodologies.
- Within a programme, you’ll proactively lead the design teams and you’ll be responsible for the correct integration of all components. You’ll solve major issues by taking them up yourself or by guiding your colleagues while you maintain ownership.
- You’ll communicate the solution towards different stakeholders:
- Conceptual: For an audience of non-IT professionals (executive management, business, etc.). You discuss and present the pros and cons of your solution that are relevant to them (e.g.: harmonisation with business strategy, added business value, optimisation of the business process, etc.).
- Logical: You create an overview of the different applicative or technological components and their relationships.
- Physical: You give an overview of the hardware and software components needed to implement the solution with limited technical details (number of servers, clustering).
- You promote new architectural concepts and solutions through relevant communication channels, such as blogs and social media, making you part of our internal “architecture guild”.
- You have experience as a Solution Architect in the abovementioned fields.
- You pay attention to details: your analytical skills are outstanding and you draw correct conclusions.
- You’re able to think objectively and in a process-oriented way.
- You’re a doer: you listen actively, you ask the right questions and you summarise the facts.
- You’re a thinker: you think on a strategic, IT and business level.
- You’re creative: you can present innovative ideas.
- You detect opportunities for improvement and go the extra mile to realise them.
- You’re multilingual and you can crack jokes in NL, FR and/or EN.