You’ve heard of Power BI, you’ve seen some visually attractive dashboards and interactive reports that were created with it, and now you’d like to make your own reports look just as interesting. The question is: where do you start?
During this two-day training, we’ll walk you through the necessary steps: we’ll import data with queries, create a data model with the necessary relationships and calculations, build an interactive report and publish it in the cloud. Lastly, we’ll make a cloud dashboard which you can share with your colleagues.
Choose a date and location
After this training, you’ll know how to:
- import data via queries
- use queries to transform data into usable, meaningful tables
- create a data model with relationships, custom sorting, a date dimension table, etc.
- create a report in a Power BI Desktop environment
- use clever tips & tricks to spruce up your reports with bookmarks and tooltips
- use the various filter options, such as slicers, visual level filters and page level filters
- use report level filters and drillthrough filters
- set up interactions between charts
- create a dashboard in a Power BI Service environment
- share reports and dashboards with colleagues
Everyone who wants to learn the basics of how to create and share reports and dashboards with Power BI.
No knowledge of Power BI required.
Part 1 Power BI
- What are the components of Power BI?
- What’s the link with Excel BI?
- What does Power BI cost? Which licence models can I choose from?
Part 2 Queries
- Import data from several data sources
- Transform data (remove duplicates, delete records, filter, add columns, split columns, etc.)
- Merge several files from one folder into one table
Part 3 Data Modeling
- Relationships between tables
- What’s a date table and why do you need one?
- Set up custom sorting (e.g.: January to December)
- Set up standard calculations
- Hide (help) columns of the model
Part 4 Calculations (DAX)
- What's the difference between calculated columns and measures?
- What does 'context' stand for?
- Basic measures
Part 5 Reports
- Report composition
- Standard visualisation options (stacked bar, stacked column, area, treemap, pie, map, card, table, matrix, gauge, KPI,...)
- Properties of visuals (layout, conditional formatting)
- Filter options (slicers, visual-level filters, page-level filters, report-level filters, drillthrough filters)
- Set up interactions between visuals (e.g.: cross-chart highlighting)
- Drill-down functionality
- Bookmarks and action buttons
- Set up custom tooltips
Part 6 Power BI Service
- Publish a report in Power BI Service
- Difference between a report and a dashboard
- Share a dashboard with others
Choose a date and location